To help plan for the remainder of the school year, Pattonville families are asked to select their children’s learning option for the second semester by Friday, Nov. 6. Families have two learning choices:
- Villemade Virtual Academy (100% virtual learning) or
- In-person learning with phases that change depending on the health conditions in the community and in our schools.
For details on each of these options, visit our Pattonville Returns website at https://bit.ly/PSDReturns2020web.
All families must complete an online form in their Parent Portal in PowerSchool indicating a learning choice for their child(ren) by Friday, Nov. 6.
Instructions for completing the online form are as follows:
- Use a web browser to visit the Parent Portal and login.
- Select the student you wish to fill along the top.
- Select the Forms icon on the left side.
- Click on the form called Learning Choice, Semester 2.
- Answer each question.
- Click Submit. (Follow these instructions for each student).
Please note: Pattonville is currently in phase 2 of in-person learning, where students attend classes on alternating days. It is our hope to move some grade levels to phase 1 (5 days a week) in the future.
It is extremely important that all families fill out this form for their children by Friday, Nov. 6, so Pattonville staff may plan instruction accordingly. Please remember the choice for the second semester will be in effect from January through the end of the school year. If families have any technical issues completing the form, please call the technology help desk at (314) 213-8146.
- Per BOE Policy IGCD, if current Villemade Virtual Academy students have not actively participated in their online classes during the first semester, they will not be allowed to enroll in Villemade Virtual Academy for the second semester.
- High school families selecting the Villemade Virtual Academy should be aware that several courses will not be available for academy students due to scheduling constraints. Classes that will not be offered for Villemade students for second semester include:
- Applied Science and Technology;
- Aquatics I and II and Aquatics Fitness and Lifeguarding;
- Architectural Drawing;
- Cabinet Making I and II;
- Ceramics I and II;
- College Credit Aerospace Engineering and College Credit Principles of Engineering;
- Computer Aided Drafting I and II;
- Computer Applications I and II;
- Drivers Education;
- Food Science;
- Health Sciences/Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA);
- Introduction to Engineering Design;
- Outdoor Adventure;
- Wood Working;
- Sewing and Textiles;
- Television Studio Production; and
- World Foods.
Other courses may also not be offered due to course limitations.